Hello all Saints Members
Well what a start to the 2020 season so far but here we go – Game 1 this weekend!
I would like to thank each and every one of you for being patient and adhering to restrictions at training while the committee and coaches navigate through this weird time. I want to take this time to thank our amazing coaches and committee, especially Charmaine, our Vice President who guided the club through COVID-19. Without everyone’s dedication to this club I don’t think this season would have been made possible.
As all of you are aware Phase 4 restriction lifted on the 27th of June marking no more restrictions on outdoor activities. What does this mean for netball? Phase 4 restrictions are to be abided by until 18th July. https://wa.netball.com.au/covid-19s-impact-netball-wa
Unfortunately there will be NO SPECTATORS permitted at games until Phase 5. Netball WA have made it very clear that large Associations such as ours will be prime targets for any negative publicity. We cannot stress enough the importance of EVERYONE sticking to the rules. Parents may escort their child to the court then immediately leave the complex, then return to the court to collect their child after the game.
Key things to note for the next 2 weeks: – No one may enter the courts until 10 mins before their game time – this will make warm ups very short so please be 100% ready to get on court as you come in the gates. See details below.
– There will be physio on site for strapping – make sure you are VERY early to get in before your warm up
– Games will be 12 mins quarters so games will be finished slightly earlier than usual. All players must exit the complex ASAP after the game. Umpires and coaches may move to their next game.
– Fixtures will be on MyNetball later in the week (hopefully Weds) but we do know ODD numbered seniors will play at 2.30pm this week, and evens at 4.00pm
– There will be no canteen open at WDNA – make sure you have water, sports drinks and healthy snacks with you. NO shared lollies or fruit please.
– Ice will be available for Saints players in an esky somewhere TBC (hopefully on the lawn near court 9) as there’ll be no 1st aid on site.
– If you have a cough, cold, sniffle or are otherwise unwell please DO NOT come to the game. Let the coach and manager know ASAP and we will do our best to find fill ins if required. Stay home and get well.
ACCESS TIMES FOR GAMES
Friday – 13s – 6.35pm down at courts ready to warm up, Game at 6.45pm
12s – 9.50am down at courts ready to warm up, Game at 10.00am
15s – 11.20am down at the courts ready to warm up, Game at 11.30am
18s – 12.50pm down at the courts ready to warm up, Game at 1.00pm
Opens – 2.20pm down at the courts ready to warm up, Game at 2.30pm
Opens – 3.50pm down at the courts ready to warm up, 4.00pm
IMPORTANT DATES TO NOTE
2 week final series. 12th September 1 vs 3 and 2 vs 4, winners of each will play off in the Grand Final on 19th September.
Senior Presentation: evening of Saturday 19th September (After Grand Final)
Junior Presentation: afternoon of Sunday 20th September
Details to be advised closer to.
For now this is all the information we have to give you, if you have any questions please contact myself or our Vice President Charmine